Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Incoming ...ball! Protect your eyes while staying active!

In my clinic I frequently see patients who were unfortunate to experience a direct hit to the eye from a stray baseball, raquetball, tennis ball, or a golf ball.  I had seen devastating injuries from players being elbowed during a regular amatuer basketball game.  The list of sports that can threaten your vision and eye health can go on and on.  Fortunately, over the years, the sport industry has learned to protect the players but it is the player himself who opts out of protection gear is the one who suffers.

For those of us who choose to wear glasses and do not wish to undergo LASIK or wear soft contact lenses, you should know about a website zennioptical.com.  I have no financial interest in this business.  I detest spending hundreds unnecesary dollars on glasses.  Therefore, I endorse this website because it provides affordable protective gear for an active person.  One can order prescription goggles in both distance and bifocal correction.  It is, in fact, one of my patients who recently was hit by a raquetball, who recommended this site to me.  He did not wear protective raquetball goggles because he usually wears his large executive style bifocal glasses.  Now he can protect his eyes with polycarbonate lenses that have a built in bi-focal prescription for a fraction of the cost of your neighborhood optical store.

One can also look at magnetic clip on sunglasses that can turn any prescription pair into a protective layer against damaging UV-A and UV-B rays.  I encourage you to get outside this summer, put on your glasses and titanium based sunblock such as Australian lizzard or MD 41 and enjoy yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment